Thursday, November 8, 2007

Summary of 23 things minus rollyo

I have had a great time learning about all of these sites and the fun things you can do with them. I have found old friends on myspace so I will continue to use that, it's a good tool. LibraryThing is a wonderful site. I love the recommendations page the most I think, especially the un-recommendations. It is a good place to compare notes on what you are reading and what your friends are reading or have read. Del.icio.us is a handy tool to keep pages bookmarked that will hold on to them even if my computer crashes and i lose everything else. It's been frustrating at times, but it's usually because I tend to over complicate things that are not. I don't know how all of these things fit in with the library, but I can see how some of them could simplify helping patrons and making the library a stronger resource for the future. Some of the tools will make us able to understand what people are looking for as well. A good exercise overall. I give it 4 1/2 stars.

No comments: